Iron Brigade Forward - Open Edition Signed Art Print
Iron Brigade Forward
General John Fulton Reynolds leads the Iron Brigade at Gettysburg.
July 1, 1863
During the opening infantry phase of the battle of Gettysburg; General John. Fulton. Reynolds; a native Pennsylvanian in command of the Union Army's "Left Wing" oversaw the placement of the first infantry and artillery troops to come up and engage the Confederates. Reynolds along with Union Cavalry General John Buford chose Gettysburg as the place to make a stand. As the 2nd Wisconsin Infantry of Solomon Meredith's famed Western “Iron Brigade” came up Reynolds personally led the Wisconsin men into McPherson's Woods in order to engage James J. Archer's Confederates who were only yards away. As General Reynolds halted momentarily to turn and check on the progress of his other troops, he was struck in the back of the neck by a bullet and killed. Reynolds, a rising star in the Union Army was the highest-ranking Federal officer to be killed in the battle.
This is a beautiful print - suitable for framing for those with an interest in the Civil War or Military History. The colors are very bright and the detail is outstanding - a truly delightful print.
AVAILABLE SIGNED EDITIONS
• Signed Open Edition Paper Print
22x17in $98.95 Ea.
• Signed Open Edition Canvas Giclée
20x30in $349.00 Ea.
Shipped Rolled in Tube
* Please Note: We add a watermark to images on our website to protect against unauthorized use of the image. The print you purchase will not be watermarked.
* Domestic Shipping fee and Taxes added upon checkout.
* Signed Open Editions are not numbered and do not include a certificate.